On Tue, 19 May 2015 08:44:13 +0800 "ke...@allwinnertech.com"
<ke...@allwinnertech.com> wrote:
> 3. Partial CedarX video decoder source code release. MPEG2, MPEG4,
> MJPEG, and H264 drivers source code available.

And for the others codecs, what are allwinner plans?
Should we expect for them to also be released, and which and in what
time frame should be this expected to happen?

This would be a very useful information to have, because this would help
us decide if we also have to reverse engineering h265, or only wait for
your release.
As h265 is the next much wished codec to have, is certain it will be
reversed engineered if allwinner takes too long.

Don't forget that, VP8 decoding, h264 encoding, jpeg encoding, was
also successful reversed engineered.
This is only to tell that, it is hardware documentation that we are
interested in, not the software in the form of your cedarx library.

> We hope this is helpful to everyone. If not, please let us know how
> we can improve. Thanks!

In the socs datasheets, in the video engine features description, it has
as feature "alpha bending". Can we have more information what is mean by
this.

I tried my guess by poking random isp subengine registers but only we
could find is at the wiki page.
http://linux-sunxi.org/VE_Register_guide#ISP_Engine_Registers

If this is what it appears to be, then this would be very useful for
subtitles/osd, because if the bending can occur in the video engine,
then this is optimal in the performance point of view.

--
Manuel Braga