I have an OrangePi and I'm trying to get a gc2035 camera working.  I'm
using a 3.4.103 kernel and I'm writing a sun4i_csi0 driver.  It works in
single frame mode but in video mode I get the first four frames then it
repeats a sequence of the first three frames followed by the latest frame.
The maximum frame rate I can achieve (with streamer or guvcview) is about
2.5 frames per second.  So I'm dropping most of the frames but what I can't
understand is why I'm getting a repeat of the first three frames.

The maximum frame rate is limited because the OrangePi is headless and I'm
using X11 via ssh to access it.  But if I get streamer to write a local
file rather than send the stream I still get the repeat of the first three
frames.

I do see error messages from v4l2 reporting "waiting for a free buffer" and
also "rate: queueing frame twice" messages.

I have a GC2035 datasheet but the details are very limited and many
registers are marked as reserved.

Has anybody heard of my frame repeat problem or can anybody suggest where I
can find the buffer list code ?

Thanks,
Steven