> I have compered our configs and I think you should try to enable these
> modules. One of them should resolve your issue.
> CONFIG_REGULATOR_DEBUG=y
> CONFIG_REGULATOR_VIRTUAL_CONSUMER=y
> CONFIG_REGULATOR_USERSPACE_CONSUMER=y
> CONFIG_PWM_SUN4I=y

Indeed, after enabling those 4, my ethernet is now working.  Thanks.
I haven't tried to enable only a subset of them, so I don't know which
one of those is actually needed.

By the sound of it, CONFIG_PWM_SUN4I=y seems unrelated and
CONFIG_REGULATOR_DEBUG=y should not make a difference, and between the
remaining two I'd guess that the one that matters is
CONFIG_REGULATOR_VIRTUAL_CONSUMER=y.

Thanks.  Now on to adding sunxi-codec,

        Stefan