> Right the patches for the Mele A1000 where still floating around on the
> list, I've picked them up now and added them to my sunxi-wip branch,
> so you may want to give things another try copying the relevant bits from
> the sun4i-a10-a1000.dts file to the sun4i-a10-cubieboard.dts one.

I just tried your sunxi-wip branch in my Mele A2000, and the audio codec
doesn't quite work.

More specifically, the sunxi-codec loads fine, I see the following in
the dmesg:

[    5.115895] sunxi-codec 1c22c00.codec: Codec <-> 1c22c00.codec mapping ok

and I see the following:

   # cat /proc/asound/devices
     2: [ 0]   : control
     3: [ 0- 0]: digital audio playback
     4: [ 0- 0]: digital audio capture
    33:        : timer
   # cat /dev/sndstat
   Sound Driver:3.8.1a-980706 (ALSA emulation code)
   Kernel: Linux server 4.1.0-rc1-00208-g29675ef #10 SMP Wed Jun 10 15:29:18
EDT 2015 armv7l
   Config options: 0

   Installed drivers:
   Type 10: ALSA emulation

   Card config:
   sunxi-codec

   Audio devices: NOT ENABLED IN CONFIG

   Synth devices: NOT ENABLED IN CONFIG

   Midi devices: NOT ENABLED IN CONFIG

   Timers:
   31: system timer

   Mixers: NOT ENABLED IN CONFIG
   #

But I'm not sure what that means: "alsamixer" doesn't find any device and
neither does "mpd".

In the patch against 3.16 from Emilio that I've been using so far, the
above output is pretty much the same (actually without the "digital
audio playback" line), and alsamixer doesn't find any device either, but
"mpd" works fine (including mixer control of a "Master" output).

        Stefan