On Sat, Jun 13, 2015 at 5:05 PM, 'Simos Xenitellis' via linux-sunxi
<linux-sunxi@googlegroups.com> wrote:
> Hi All!
>
> Recently, several people received developer boards with the A83T SoC.
>
> I have collected information from a few sources and put them on
> https://linux-sunxi.org/User:Simos/H8HomletProtoV20_A83T
>
> The page includes a comparison of modules of the A83T with other A-line SoCs.
> There are high-resolution images of the board.
> In addition, the page has boot messages and also output of commands
> from the pre-installed BR Linux (kernel version: 3.4).

Some facts about the board:

Boot0 is V4.0.0.
DRAM is 1GB DDR3 @ 672 MHz.
eMMC is 8GB (7.32 GiB).
AXP818 is a PMIC & audio codec combo.
AC200 is a audio codec (unused here), TV encoder, ethernet PHY and RTC
4-in-1 chip.
USB0 (OTG) and USB1 (EHCI/OHCI) are routed directly to the 2 USB ports.
That means no actual OTG, only host mode.

The board (and schematics) say this is an H8.
However I won't be removing the heatsink to verify.
I don't recommend it either. It is quite warm just idling.
That said, the A83T has the same packing as the H8 (BGA 345),
though I have not compared the actual pin signals.

Kevin, Shuge, do you know if the 2 chips are actually the same?
請問 A83T 和 H8 是一樣的晶片嗎? 提供給我們的板子上是印 H8,
但告知我們是 A83T 的原型機,讓人不是很有把握。

The board runs a customized Android system.

Not sure if FEL mode or Android fastboot would work on this board.
If not, it's going to be hard to mainline without U-boot support.

UART0 is the 5 pin-out next to the WiFi module and AXP818.
It shares the same pinout as the micro-SD breakout, or the
A80 Optimus. Note that the onboard OS muxes UART0 onto mmc0
instead. :|

ChenYu