Hi,

We are using A31 based board which is derived from Merrii HummingBird. On
this board, we want to get HDMI capture up using TC358743 (HDMI to MIPI
CSI2 Bridge IC). This IC interfaces to MIPI CSI port of A31.

We have added TC358743 sub-dev driver and it behaves as if CMOS sensor is
connected to the A31. Calls which are not applicable are just stubs.

Presently, we are not able to get any frames on A31 side. When we checked
MIPI DPHY registers, we see that clock and data lanes are active and
toggling in LP and HS mode as expected. But MIPI interface is not showing
any packet reception.

We are more or less sure about TC358743 settings as they have come from
vendor. We have also checked all MIPI/CSI settings and they appear to be
fine. Since data is being received till DPHY but not in MIPI we are not
sure if we are missing any other board specific settings required to get
MIPI interface working e.g. PRCM, MIPI peripheral PLL clock, On board PMIC
settings, MIPI IO pins enabling etc. If you have any inputs/pointers about
the same, please let us know.

Also, please let us know if any MIPI sensor is validated with A31. Exact
CMOS sensor part number would help.

Is MIPI driver (/drivers/media/video/sunxi-vfe/) complete? Is new CMOS
sensor expected to work just by hooking new MIPI sub-device? Or some more
changes in MIPI driver at other places is needed?

We see that in 'bsp_mipi_csi_set_dphy_timing' function of
drivers/media/video/sunxi-vfe/bsp_mipi_csi.c file, functions like
'dphy_rx_set_entm_to_enrx_dly' and 'dphy_rx_set_lp_ulps_wp' are configured
with some default values. Do they need to be changed depending on
frequency, lanes, resolution etc? DPHY_CLK is used in vfe.c and it is
hardcoded to 150MHz. Should this be hardcoded or matched with input MIPI
clock? Please let us know.

Apologies for so many questions. We are new to this platform. Any
inputs/pointers will be very helpful.

Thanks and regards,

Satyajit