Hi,

On 24-08-15 21:05, Stefan Monnier wrote:
IIUC there's a general sentiments that most SD cards are crap (and
indeed mine are all old&cheap), but I find it striking that they work
"everywhere" *except* for U-boot reading a large file.
What sunxi board(s) are you using ?
I have a Mele A2000, a pair of "cheap mini-x style a10s box",
a BananaPi, an OrangePi-mini, and a Cubietruck, but in this present
round of (involuntary) tests, I used the BananaPi and the OrangePi-mini.
So both A20 devices, I did a fix recently(ish) to properly set the sample
clock phase for the mmc clock in u-boot. Are you using a recent u-boot ?
Also I see in the fex files for these boards that they are using 1.3V
instead of 1.25V for dcdc3, something else you can test is to edit
board/sunxi/board.c and then change:

         power_failed |= axp209_set_dcdc3(1250);

into:

         power_failed |= axp209_set_dcdc3(1300);

Built u-boot that way and see if it helps.

I just tried with a U-boot built from the latest (as of this morning)
"master" branch, with the patch below applied (the part_dos.c part of
the patch shouldn't make any difference, tho), but I still get the same:

     => load mmc 0 0x44000000 uImage
      ** ext4fs_devread read error - block

Bummer, so can you read uImage from this card using the Linux kernel
once booted ?

Regards,

Hans