Hi,

On 08-12-15 21:26, Karsten Merker wrote:
Hello everybody,

I am trying to make the support for the Olimex A20-SOM-EVB a bit
more feature-complete; in particular I would like to enable the
SD slot on the baseboard as well as the android-style LRADC keys.

Following are two patches to add the necessary dt bits.
Unfortunately neither the keys nor the SD slot work fully as
expected :-(.  Any ideas/comments are welcome.

LRADC keys
==========

I have specified the key voltages as described in the "Buttons" part
of the board schematics at

https://www.olimex.com/Products/SOM/A20/A20-SOM-EVB/resources/A20-SOM-EVB_schematic.pdf

After the system has freshly booted, usually everything works
as expected: keypresses as well as key releases get reported by
the "showkey" command.  Unfortunately most of the time this
works only for very few keypresses; after that, a keypress gets
reported and then no more key events get detected until the
next reboot.  Has anybody experienced a similar effect,
possibly on different hardware with LRADC keys?  Any idea what
could be going wrong here?

No idea, I'm not sure if showkeys is the best tool to test this
with, I always use evemu-record, can you try that instead ?

Baseboard SD socket
===================

The driver initalizes the mmc controller without errors:

  sunxi-mmc 1c12000.mmc: No vqmmc regulator found
  sunxi-mmc 1c12000.mmc: Got CD GPIO
  sunxi-mmc 1c12000.mmc: base:0xf09c8000 irq:27
  mmc1: host does not support reading read-only switch, assuming write-enable

The card insertion gets detected properly:

  mmc1: new high speed SDHC card at address 0007
  mmcblk1: mmc1:0007 SD16G 14.6 GiB
  mmcblk1: p1

Reading from and writing to the card works without problems, but
when I remove the card (the filesystem on it is unmounted), I
get:

  sunxi-mmc 1c12000.mmc: smc 1 err, cmd 13, RTO !!
  sunxi-mmc 1c12000.mmc: smc 1 err, cmd 13, RTO !!
  sunxi-mmc 1c12000.mmc: smc 1 err, cmd 13, RTO !!
  sunxi-mmc 1c12000.mmc: smc 1 err, cmd 13, RTO !!

I assume these 4 happen on umount, or on remove ?

May be some cache flushing command which the card does not support,
seeing some errors on probe / remove is not unusual with mmc.

I take it things work fine otherwise ? Have you tried the same
card on a different sunxi board with the same kernel version ?

Regards,

Hans