On Thu, 10 Dec 2015 04:31:05 -0800 (PST)
Thomas Kaiser <thomas.kai...@phg-online.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Hans de Goede wrote:
> >
> > ? if I understand things correctly your patch make lima-memtester pass
> > at 672 MHz (which is our current configured speed) on both your
> > and Siarhei's boards, to me that seems that it fixes things.
> >

> A few more boards were tested but 672 MHz seem still questionable:
>
> http://linux-sunxi.org/Orange_Pi_PC#DRAM_clock_speed_limit
> http://www.orangepi.org/orangepibbsen/forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&ptid=257&pid=7465

Yes, the 672 MHz DRAM clock speed does not look like a good choice
for Orange Pi PC. Either we find better delays & zq settings and
improve reliability, or the DRAM clock speed needs to be decreased
(also ensuring a little bit of safety headroom).

> (the latter interesting since he uses a huge 35x35x25mm heatsink that
> covers also DRAM)

Some outliers are always possible and we have only one sample, which
can be clocked somewhat higher than the others. It is hard to make any
conclusions with the available data and the heatsink may be unrelated.

Unless we get more test results in a few days which radically change
the statistics, probably using 624 MHz for DRAM on Orange Pi PC would
be reasonable.

--
Best regards,
Siarhei Siamashka