Benjamin Henrion wrote:

> The naming convention (OrangePi 2, Plus, Minus, etc...) is just a
> nightmare, especially to understand which image is compatible with
> which, considering that the SOC is the same for all.

And it won't get better with the new H3 based Orange Pi One/Lite ;)

But loboris' images do not differentiate between the different boards
at all. It's necessary to run update_kernel.sh that exchanges kernel
and script.bin (and for the latter you can decide from a few fixed
resolutions and whether you use a HDMI-DVI converter or not ‹ all this
stuff is defined in script.bin)

> I went through different states yesterday:
>
> 1. Broken USB
> 2. Broken ethernet
> 3. Broken wifi support

Ethernet/USB should work after running update_kernel.sh and choosing
the correct board (if you're using a really old image from him there
might be a few manual steps necessary). Regarding Wi-Fi check whether
the necessary module is loaded and then execute:

    sudo nmcli -a d wifi connect

See

    http://www.orangepi.org/orangepibbsen/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=342

BTW: To use any display resolution (currently no EDID detection in the
H3 3.4 kernel) I relied on fbset in the past: Install the package,
define/choose a resolution in /etc/fb.modes and set this with fbset at
boot.

Regards,

Thomas