Hi Hans,

On 24/02/16 14:07, Hans de Goede wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 24-02-16 14:59, Andre Przywara wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> (dropping some lists and people)
>>
>> On 24/02/16 11:15, Hans de Goede wrote:
>>> From: Reinder de Haan <patches...@mveas.com>
>>>
>>> At least the EHCI/OHCI found on the Allwinnner H3 SoC needs multiple
>>> reset lines, the controller will not initialize while the reset for
>>> its companion is still asserted, which means we need to de-assert
>>> 2 resets for the controller to work.
>>
>> Interesting, is that documented somewhere or has this been found out by
>> try-and-error?
>
> Found out by try-and-error.

I was afraid so ;-)

>> I was experimenting with USB on the Pine64 yesterday and stumbled upon
>> the failing OHCI reset (because it now needs bits 16 _and_ 17 to be set
>> for the OHCI PHY to reset), but couldn't get the EHCI controller to work
>> properly also.
>
> Then it likely is something different, the problem on the H3 causes
> the ohci / ehci driver to not load at all, since the registers read
> all 00 (or was it FF ?), which causes the reset-control and wait for
> ack code in the generic bits of the drivers to fail (IIRC).

Too bad, I was hoping that this would fix it for me ;-)

>> How would this behaviour manifest? I don't see failure messages with my
>> new DT (the driver seems to happily initialize), but it doesn't show
>> anything other than the root hub even when plugging in devices.
>
> This may be a phy init problem (specifically missing something similar to
> sun4i_usb_phy_passby() in drivers/phy/phy-sun4i-usb.c for the A64),

Ah, that sounds more likely. I was wondering what "pmu" meant in this
regard.
Where was this "pmu1" address in the DT gathered from? I just subtracted
the 4K offset that make the difference between the A64 and A33 (which
seems to be the closest in terms of USB), but the memory map does not
show where this magic register should be. There seems to be "nothing" at
0x01c18000 for the A33 (according to the manual), but the A64 has the
OTG control registers in the respective region.

A33: OTG HCI: 0x01c19000, EHCI0 HCI: 0x01c1a000, pmu1: 0x01c1a800
A64: OTG HCI: 0x01c1a000, EHCI0 HCI: 0x01c1b000, pmu???

Do you have any clue here about the pmu1 register whereabouts on the A64?

> maybe you've not enabled the 5V power to the host USB ports ?
>
> My first step would be to check the 5v plug something with a powerled
> or some such into the usb port and if the led does not light up
> you need to drive some gpio high (typically) or enable some regulator
> somewhere.

So the USB pendrive I insert lights up, that's why I suspect the
regulator is working.

Thanks,
Andre.