Thanks David,

I take a brief look on your .config file and do not see any important
differences around USB OTG.

In my opinion the problem most probably comes from device tree
configuration or some recent changes in the driver (I use kernel 4.5.2).

Could you send me yor dtb file used at boot time together with the kernel?
You can find it as /boot/dtb/sun7i-a20-cubietruck.dtb on the board's rootfs.

Best regards
Chris