Hi Maxime,

On Fri, Jun 17, 2016 at 4:58 PM, Maxime Ripard
<maxime.rip...@free-electrons.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 17, 2016 at 03:58:44PM +1000, Julian Calaby wrote:
>> Hi Maxime,
>>
>> On Fri, Jun 17, 2016 at 3:41 PM, Maxime Ripard
>> <maxime.rip...@free-electrons.com> wrote:

>> > No
>>
>> Isn't the presence of the TV encoder on the R8 (used for the composite
>> out on the CHIP) a difference between it and the regular A13? Is that
>> detectable? (However I can't find any reference to it in the
>> datasheet, so I'm kinda confused here.)
>
> The package is exactly the same, and judging from the pins, my current
> guess is that it's been there all along (just like the 4 uarts and
> EMAC)
>
> I haven't seen it wired on any A13 boards though, so it's hard to confirm.

According to the CHIP schematics, it's pin #99 on the R8. Datasheets
for both SoCs indicate that this pin is unused.

I guess it might be instructive to try to read from the memory
locations belonging to the tv output blocks specified in the R8 DTS on
an A13.

Thanks,

--
Julian Calaby