Hi,

Thank you guys for your great inputs.
Discussion was very very helpful and clarified lot of things.
Here is more of less my current master plan :)

1) finish first version of sunxi CEC adapter that is using
pooling of HDMI CEC register. This version will be without
EDID parsing. Even if we later decide that we prefer GPIO version,
this one will allow testing core CEC sending/receiving
functionality.

2) create version of above driver, but for GPIO instead of
sunxi specific CEC register. This version will still use pooling
and won't support EDID parsing. It will probably reuse 90%
of code so should be quite easy to write.

3) After that I will take a look at this HDMI notifier (maybe it will
be finished already) and sunxi HDMI display engine driver
to add parsing of EDID.

4) Maybe new cec over GPIO with interrupts driver ???

5) Maybe cec driver for more recent Allwinner CPU-s ???

Jarek