Hi,

First, i have never used  LiveSuit, i use PhoenixSuit..
Packing/Unpacking image for phoenixsuit have to be done with with
imgRePacker tool.
Link: https://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1753473

My advice is to find already ready image which work with phoenixsuite for
cubieboard2 and than try to modify it with imgRepacker.
I do not recommend  to start from scratch if you do not have experience
with phoenix..

--- There are my short instruction how to do this ---
Assuming that your ready image has name like this 'debian_wheezy_7.4_.img'
Unpack image:
$ imgrepacker /noiso debian_wheezy_7.4_.img
$ cd debian_wheezy_7.4_.img.dump
Make 3 new directories where you will mount boot, root and user file
systems.
Maybe you will do not have separated user file system and in that case
mount only bootfs and rootfs.
$ mkdir bootfs
$ mkdir rootfs
$ mkdir userfs
Convert rootfs and userfs Android sparse images to raw images:
$ simg2img rootfs.fex rootfs.ext4.img
$ simg2img userfs.fex userfs.ext4.img
Mount images:
$ sudo mount -t vfat -o loop bootloader.fex bootfs
$ sudo mount -t ext4 -o loop rootfs.ext4.img rootfs
$ sudo mount -t ext4 -o loop userfs.ext4.img userfs
Now you can access to whole filesystem and change what you want.
After you're done with the changes you have to pack back user and root
filesystems again.
$ sudo make_ext4fs -s -l 2432MB rootfs.fex ./rootfs
$ sudo chown -R milos:milos userfs
$ make_ext4fs -s -l 1024MB userfs.fex ./userfs
Do not omit -s because you need sparse filesistem.
$ sudo chown milos:milos rootfs.fex
$ cd ../
$ sync
$ imgrepacker /noiso debian_wheezy_7.4_.img.dump
This is it.. Now you can try to flash your customized filesystem..

Good luck!
Milos,