Am Donnerstag, 2. November 2017 14:59:57 UTC+1 schrieb Maxime Ripard:

> On Thu, Nov 02, 2017 at 11:36:52AM +0800, Icenowy Zheng wrote:
> > The BSP of Nano Pi NEO2 provided by FriendlyARM uses 504MHz DRAM
> > frequency, which is much lower than the current 672MHz used in
> > mainline.
> >
> > Switch to use the BSP-provided frequency 504MHz for DRAM.
> >
> > Thanks to Thomas Kaiser, who pointed out the frequency problem.
>
> What issue does this patch fix? BSPs have often been way underclocked
> in the past.
>
> Did you encounter any corruption?

We had a couple of reports in Armbian forum about instabilities with NEO2
that went away after downclocking the DRAM to 408 MHz (that's what Armbian
uses currently on all Allwinner H thingies with just a single DRAM chip).
FriendlyELEC started with 432 MHz on their single bank DRAM configurations
last year and also lowered down to 408 MHz in the meantime.

But not where one would expect the change but somewhere else -- please see
here:
https://github.com/armbian/build/commit/b57c9d767ead528a54001d8728d39470e9faf5e4#commitcomment-23003991

I asked FriendlyELEC's Weidong right now to join the discussion providing
some insights.

Best,

Thomas