On Thu, May 9, 2019 at 4:18 PM Kamps, John-Eric
<john-eric.ka...@honeywell.com> wrote:

> Hi all
>
> I have an Allwinner A64 based device and I wanted to bring the LVDS Display
> to live.
> http://linux-sunxi.org/Honeywell_VDP7
>
> Attached is the patch for Jagan Tekis kernel from
> https://github.com/amarula/linux-amarula.git
> Version: 3fcf0ebf8263377172da3ad0628c67e411a58831
>
> I added the LVDS pins to the sun50i-a64.dtsi:
> lcd_lvds_pins: lcd-lvds-pins {
>         pins = "PD12", "PD13", "PD14", "PD15", "PD16",
>         "PD17", "PD18", "PD19", "PD20", "PD21";
>         function = "lvds0";
> };
>
> And I used the information from sun8i-a83t-tbs-a711.dts with changed values
> to write my own connection:
> +       panel {
> +               compatible = "tbs,a711-panel", "panel-lvds";
> +               backlight = <&backlight>;
> +               power-supply = <&reg_dc1sw>;
> +
> +               width-mm = <154>;
> +               height-mm = <86>;
> +               data-mapping = "vesa-24";
> +
> +/*             reset-gpios = <&pio 3 24 GPIO_ACTIVE_HIGH>;*/ /* RST (PD24) */
> +
> +               panel-timing {
> +                       /* 1024x600 @60Hz */
> +                       clock-frequency = <51450000>;
> +                       hactive = <1024>;
> +                       vactive = <600>;
> +                       hsync-len = <8>;
> +                       hfront-porch = <156>;
> +                       hback-porch = <156>;
> +                       vfront-porch = <16>;
> +                       vback-porch = <16>;
> +                       vsync-len = <6>;
> +//                     de-active = <0>;
> +//                     hsync-active = <1>;
> +//                     vsync-active = <1>;
> +               };
> +
> +               port {
> +                       panel_input: endpoint {
> +                               remote-endpoint = <&tcon0_out_lcd>;
> +                       };
> +               };
> +       };
> And for TCON connection
> +&tcon0 {
> +       pinctrl-names = "default";
> +       pinctrl-0 = <&lcd_lvds_pins>;
> +};
> +
> +&tcon0_out {
> +       tcon0_out_lcd: endpoint@0{
> +               reg = <0>;
> +               remote-endpoint = <&panel_input>;
> +       };
>
> I will get a framebuffer device. The backlight is working and I can change
> the brightness. The panal-lvds is used and the clock looks that they will be
> generated in the attached bootlog.
> I also added some additional debug outputs to be aware, that the functions
> are called. Looks also fine for me.
>
> I checked the sunxi-lvds source file and compared the lvds register settings
> [...]

Pipeline seems fine to me quick look, and lvds connector gets detected
in the log. I'm suspecting about pixel clock with respective lvds
divider values

Possible checks.

01. Try the bsp first, since we don't have any kind of reference documents.
02:  Identify the working pixel clock rates along with dividers
03:  Better get the regmap of tcon0 and other sequence for cross verification.

Jagan.