>> This series add H6 I2S support and the I2S node missing to support
>> HDMI audio in different Allwinner SoC.
> Applied to
>    https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/broonie/sound.git for-next

Yay!

Now, I wonder: will that make it easier to add support for HDMI-Audio for
the A10/A20?

(there was a patch for that submitted earlier this year by Stefan
Mavrodiev <ste...@olimex.com>, but it seems there hasn't been any
progress on it since then (I think the last message on it concluded that
it should be rewritten to use ALSA instead of ASoC)).

[ To clarify, don't know what's the difference between ALSA and ASoC;
  I'm only interested here as an owner of an A20 box on which I'd
  love to be able to use the HDMI-Audio.  ]

-- Stefan