Dne nedelja, 08. november 2020 ob 15:44:54 CET je Marc Haber napisal(a):
> On Mon, Oct 19, 2020 at 12:14:29PM +0800, Chen-Yu Tsai wrote:
> > The proper fix now is to check the schematics, and change the phy-mode
> > property to the correct type. It used to be that we used "rgmii" for all
> > RGMII PHYs.
> >
> > Turns out there are  four modes of RGMII, depending on whether the MAC or
> > PHY enable TX / RX signal delays.
> >
> > Most boards in sunxi are designed so that the PHY is providing both TX and
> > RX delays, which is done by pulling up the TXDLY and RXDLY pins at power
> > up.
> >
> > The commit "net: phy: realtek: fix rtl8211e rx/tx delay config" fixes the
> > PHY driver so that it will correctly "reconfigure" the PHY to the
> > requested mode. Previously this was not happening due to incorrect
> > register definitions.
> >
> > To summarize, the PHY driver fix exposes errors in our DTs.
>
> The Banana Pi still doesn't work properly in kernel 5.9.6. I am not in
> a position to check schematics and to fix DTs.

Discussion of proper way of handling this breakage is still ongoing between
maintainers.

> Look at git log for arch/arm/boot/dts/sun7i-a20-bananapi.dts, that would
> be you, Chen-Yu Tsai and Maxime Ripard.
>
> Is there anything I can do to help debugging?

Everything about this issue is known. In the meantime, you can use any of
these workarounds/fixes:

1. Apply DT fix: https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/sunxi/
linux.git/commit/?h=sunxi/fixes-
for-5.10&id=8c9cb4094ccf242eddd140efba13872c55f68a87
2. Revert commit bbc4d71d63549bcd003a430de18a72a742d8c91e
3. disable Realtek PHY driver in your kernel. It should still work trough
generic PHY driver.

Best regards,
Jernej