On Thu, Apr 18, 2024 at 11:46 PM Jakub Kicinski <k...@kernel.org> wrote:

> On Thu, 18 Apr 2024 11:30:02 +0800 Jason Xing wrote:
> > I'm not sure why the patch series has been changed to 'Changes
> > Requested', until now I don't think I need to change something.
> >
> > Should I repost this series (keeping the v6 tag) and then wait for
> > more comments?
>
> If Eric doesn't like it - it's not getting merged.

I'm not a English native speaker. If I understand correctly, it seems
that Eric doesn't object to the patch series. Here is the quotation
[1]:
"If you feel the need to put them in a special group, this is fine by me."

This rst reason mechanism can cover all the possible reasons for both
TCP and MPTCP. We don't need to reinvent some definitions of reset
reasons which are totally the same as drop reasons. Also, we don't
need to reinvent something to cover MPTCP. If people are willing to
contribute more rst reasons, they can find a good place.

Reset is one big complicated 'issue' in production. I spent a lot of
time handling all kinds of reset reasons daily. I'm apparently not the
only one. I just want to make admins' lives easier, including me. This
special/separate reason group is important because we can extend it in
the future, which will not get confused.

I hope it can have a chance to get merged :) Thank you.

[1]:
https://lore.kernel.org/all/cann89i+alo_agyc8dr8dkfyi+6wpzcgrogysvgr8frfrvaa...@mail.gmail.com/

Thanks,
Jason