Hello,

I am having a problem with USB after suspend in relation to a "Chicony
PFU-65" [i.e. "Happy Hacking"] keyboard and an [ALi] M5237 OHCI
controller.

The keyboard works fine normally, but after a suspend it stops working.

Currently I rmmod usb-ohci, and suspend the machine into S3 sleep.  Upon
resume, I insmod usb-ohci.  About 1 time in 3 the following results:

hub.c: USB new device connect on bus1/1, assigned device number 5
usb.c: USB device descriptor short read (expected 18, got 8)
hub.c: USB new device connect on bus1/1, assigned device number 6
usb.c: USB device descriptor short read (expected 18, got 8)

and the keyboard and the 2-port hub on it are not reported.

Nothing I do in software [try to reset the hub, try to remove and insmod
all the modules] seems to fix it.

However, physically unplugging and plugging back in the keyboard fixes
everything.  So apparently the suspend of the machine seems to leave the
keyboard in some unkown state, and a power cycle fixes it.

So my question: is there a way in software to emulate a
disconnect/reconnect of the device?  Or to power down the device?

Thanks for any help/advice,

Vince