On 2001.04.26 23:10:48 +0200 Nemosoft Unv. wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> This is the patch that should bring the Philips webcam driver into the
> Linux
> kernel (all platforms).
>
> Itīs against 2.4.3, I havenīt had time to install an -ac kernel and patch
> against that. Any differences should be trivial, though. Itīs mostly new
> files and patching Makefile and Config.in. Also, it adds some
> documentation
> and an item to Configure.help.

Hi all,

I am preparing version 0.21 (I fscked up hotplug support somewhere) and am
making a patch for the kernel to....
I was wondering about the v4l hardware type, at the moment I use the ov511
one, but a privat one would probably be better (is anyone actually using
this field???).
In his patch nemosoft 'claimed' the next available one (29) which is in
2.4.4pre7 in use by VID_HARDWARE_W9966, so this will probably have to
change to 30.
Should I just claim 31????? Or is there someone to officially distribute
this number? (Alan maybe?)

Jeroen