Just a bit of advice really on best practice.

I'm implementing a device where messages on the control pipe are always
followed
by a response.  Going through the usb.c code, usb_control_msg
is a legacy function for backwards compaitibilty.  I will also not
be able to use this in the context of an interrupt from the notification
pipe.

My question is which is best: should I use usb_control_msg where I can, or
should I write my own code using the appropriate usb routines
to assign, pack, and submit urbs together with my own routine for
dealing with the callback.