Hi,
I'm currently fighting with the timing in hub.c...

The Polestar USB audio device (with the Philips UDA1321) doesn't work anymore
with the current hub code (it worked a long time ago), the result after a
plugin is the usual "USB device not accepting new address". This happens
with both UHCI and OHCI, so it's not a HCD issue.

When inserting a wait_ms(300) in usb_hub_port_reset, it gets detected at the
second try, with a larger delay is works at the first try. However this long
delay is not applicable with the current "single-device handling" of hub.c,
since it would take too long for more than a few connected devices... But
the long delays are obviously needed for some devices.

Any ideas (ehm.. volunteers) to solve that issue?

Another observation:

Some early engineering samples of the Ericsson USB-Bluetooth modules also
have problems, they used to work after manually shorting D- to GND, but that
doesn't also work anymore. I haven't found a workaround for that yet.

However, the modules are properly detected in Windows 2000, so Linux
apparently does something wrong.

BTW: The USB-analyzer showed a very interesting init sequence for Windows:

20ms USB-Reset
Get device descriptor (64bytes)
15ms USB-Reset
Set address