On Tuesday, 8. January 2002 15:16, Alan Cox wrote:

> > For those paying attention, this driver uses a new USB minor number, and
> > some new ioctls.  Here's a patch that Wolfgang sent me that documents
> > these changes.  I'll be sending it on to the proper people, but wanted
> > to post it here for everyone to see.
>
> Is there a reason it doesn't use the same device numbering and interfaces
> as the rest of the ISDN layer ? If its not compatible with the rest of
> isdn4linux that seems like a bug ?

I am paying attention ;-)

The char interface is not ISDN-related. It has no connection to ISDN4LINUX.
It is used for configuration, managment of telephone calls, system-wide
d-channel trace, SMS service and so on...

The (future) connection to ISDN4LINUX will be made through the hisax_if.h
dynamic driver interface (handling the D/B-Channels).

best regards
Wolfgang
--
Durch den Tod sagt Dir die Natur,