On Wed, Feb 20, 2002, Matthew Fredrickson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > I've been getting similar reports from users of the ov511 driver: error
> > -84 (babble), error -110 (timeout), and truncated frames. The common
> > variable in all cases is a VIA chipset. I would try to track the problem
> > down, but my host controllers are all either OHCI or Intel UHCI.
>
> I as well have noticed the only chipsets I have problems with are the VIA
> uhci chipsets.  As I said previously, I know a "special" UHCI driver was
> released by Microsoft/VIA that corrected a lot of problems that were being
> had with VIA's chipset.  I would persue a fix for it myself, but I don't
> know enough about the host controller code to be able to talk one-to-one
> to a VIA representative.  If the maintainer of one of the *uhci.c drivers
> were to look into it, I think it definitely be worth doing.

The main problem is the babble. I think there's only so many things that
we can do in that situation.

Maybe we can retry the failed TD? I think that data toggling will allow
that to be safe.

That is unless there's hidden proprietary bit twiddling on the HC, but
I'd be surprised if they release that kind of information to us.

> I would think so;  I haven't seen any fixes in the linux stuff yet.  Maybe
> I'll see about doing some poking around on the net for the issue.

I haven't seen an explanation of why it happens and what the workaround
is.

JE