Hi,

has anyone any experience with the Edirol UA-1A usb device?

I could insert the "audio" driver, got a /dev/sound/dsp device, but a "cat
/dev/sound/dsp > audio.raw" delivered a file with only 1/4 the size it
should. So the file sounded good only if I converted it to an 8 bit/mono wav
file.

So I guess something went wrong with the driver, but I don't have any idea
what it could be. The kernel messages say that the sampling rate was set to
44100 kHz:

usbaudio: device 3 audiocontrol interface 0 has 1 input and 1 output AudioStreaming
interfaces
usbaudio: valid input sample rate 44100
usbaudio: device 3 interface 2 altsetting 1: format 0x80000010 sratelo 44100 sra tehi
44100 attributes 0x00
usbaudio: device 3 interface 1 altsetting 0 does not have an endpoint
usbaudio: valid output sample rate 44100
usbaudio: device 3 interface 1 altsetting 1: format 0x80000010 sratelo 44100 sra tehi
44100 attributes 0x00
usbaudio: registered dsp 14,3
usbaudio: constructing mixer for Terminal 3 type 0x0304
usbaudio: no mixer controls found for Terminal 3
usbaudio: constructing mixer for Terminal 7 type 0x0101
usbaudio: no mixer controls found for Terminal 7
usb_audio_parsecontrol: usb_audio_state at dfff94a0

If the driver doesn't support this device yet, I would like to extend the
driver to support it, if anyone could give me some help where to start.

Thanks a lot,

Markus Sand.