On Fri, May 24, 2002 at 02:04:40PM -0400, Johannes Erdfelt wrote:
> Just to clarify, uhci-alt worked in every case, but usb-uhci would oops
> when resetting the device plugged into the root hub?

In every case I tried, yes.  'uhci' worked fine, while 'usb-uhci' oopsed
on some platforms when plugged into the root hub. (notably i830,
possibly others..)  usb-uhci would not oops when using a VIA KT266 host
controller.

Newer firmwre revisions alleviate the need to perform a device reset,
but until the likes of Linksys get off their ass and release updates,
the reset is necessary.

 - Pizza
--
Solomon Peachy
I ain't broke, but I'm badly bent.                           ICQ# 1318344