On Fri, May 24, 2002, Thomas Sailer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Johannes Erdfelt wrote:
>
> > usb_control_msg() is probably what he wants. It waits.
>
> Yes. But still we should probably have control queueing for
> the uhci's (possibly at the HCD level?)
>
> Think about multi-interface devices, where all interfaces have
> different drivers that do not know about each other. In that
> case, interface drivers may simultaneously issue control messages,
> and all but one will fail...

Yeah, we need something. We've talked about this in the past, but we
never came to a conclusion.

We also need to provide some sort of resource locking too. We don't want
2 seperate applications trying to change some value via a control
message, but we do want 2 different drivers to change the seperate
interface parameters.

We need some sort of queuing, but I'm not quite convinced it needs to be
in the HCD itself like bulk is. Wouldn't queuing in the core be
sufficient?

JE