Hi,

        It seems that we should test the new USB code. So, I did a bit
of testing with the various HCD drivers and the irda-usb dongle
driver. Bad news.
        The agravating circonstances :
                o kernel 2.5.20
                o one IrDA-USB dongle, irda-usb
                o SMP (dual PPro 200)
                o Shared irq with the network card (both ohci/uhci)

ohci-hcd :
        o First Tx URB never complete or timeout
        o Removing module OOPS

usb-uhic-hcd :
        o Deadlock at the end of first IrDA file transfer
        o Tx URB never complete or timeout
        o Whole networking layer frozen
        o Removing module OOPS

uhci-hcd :
        o Deadlock at the beggining of first IrDA file transfer
        o Tx URB never complete or timeout
        o Whole networking layer frozen
        o Removing module OOPS

        Of course, clean shutdown/power-off between each of the
test. The difference between uhci-hcd and usb-uhci-hcd is probably
only due to the different amount of time before I start the transfer
or other random factors, but to me they suffer from the same same
problem.
        And ohci-hcd is definitely bad. But I saw the same problem in
usb-ohci in 2.5.15 (that's why I upgraded to 2.5.20).
        On the other hand, a quick test with uhci-hcd indicate that it
support Short Packet insertion (USB_ZERO_PACKET) in the Tx path. I
guess the other HCD probably do it as well.

        And of course it use to work properly in 2.4.X :-(

        Regards,

        Jean