> Then I plug in another USB device and watch what happens.
> Nothing happens!  No urbs fail, all continues just fine!  In short,
> there seems to be no problem whatsoever under windows 98SE.

So it'd appear there's some kind of odd behavior shared
between both UHCIs.

> I tried (with the endpoint stuck):
>
> (1) usb_clear_halt.  This had no effect.  When I tried this I didn't check
> to see whether it returned an error, so maybe it failed.
>
> (2) usb_settoggle(dev, 1, 0, 0) followed by usb_clear_halt.  This also
> had no effect, however I remembered to check the usb_clear_halt return
> value this time, and it always returns -ETIMEDOUT.  So I guess the
> usb_clear_halt just failed.  But why?

That might be what happens if there's no real HALT state.

I'm not sure what more to suggest, unless you have some
kind of access to some kind of USB sniffer that can be
used to watch what's happening on the bus with Linux.

- Dave