> the device reports:
> I:  If#= 0 Alt= 0 #EPs= 3 Cls=08(stor.) Sub=06 Prot=50 Driver=usb-storage

Thanks for quoting this.

> Nope

Ouch, lost me, sorry.  What a reader of the Usb spec
might phrase as "bInterfaceClass = x08" or
"bDeviceClass = x08" here appears as "Cls=08(stor.)".
And "bInterfaceProtocol = x50" here appears as
"Prot=50".  Yes?

So here we do have a context where block data is
commonly a multiple of x200 (512) bytes but CBW & CSW
contain just x1F (31) and x0D (13) bytes each.

Yes?

> > When working with perfect devices, a host thinking
> > that CSW In is Data In is a host that dropped a
> > Data In packet.
>
> This is very reproducable on USB 2.0 with only a
> "mount" command.  When running as a 1.1 device, it
> works just fine...

Lost me again, sorry.  What reason do we have to
believe that it is the device, not the host, that
starts dropping data packets when we switch to Usb2 HS
from Usb1 FS?

Maybe it's host hardware, not the host software per
se, that drops packets?

Yours in breathtaking ignorance, Pat LaVarre