From: Matthew Dharm [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Mon 12/30/2002 11:14 AM
To: Pat LaVarre
Cc: Alan Stern; Jason Bowman; [EMAIL PROTECTED]; USB Storage List
Subject: Re: [usb-storage] Re: [linux-usb-devel] Fuji FinePix F401 - patch

The two-mode passthru is probably the best solution
for 2.4 -- that's what ide-scsi does (SCSI emulation
for IDE/ATAPI devices).  Anything that comes from the
SG interface is not rewritten.

Of course, I fixed this for 2.5/2.6 by just changing
the INQUIRY behavior to start with an op x12 for x24
bytes.

In general, we don't want to blanket-rewrite data
whenever possible.  There are several SG-based apps
(cdrecord most notably) which insist on wanting the
raw data.

Matt
^){([8bAzE&z
y!yޞm)rbn^elqz{.n+azV+֭ilqzlX)ߣbn^