Am Dienstag, 21. Januar 2003 23:47 schrieb David Brownell:
> Oliver Neukum wrote:
> >>If automatic resubmission is gone in 2.5.x, why should I code an
> >>usb_unlink_urb() from the completion handler? Do I miss something?
> >
> > We are talking about unlinking while a completion handler is running,
> > but not from within the completion handler.
>
> Which does happen to be the case where everyone agreed the driver
> already needs to coordinate its left and right hands ...

We did not agree on the desirability of that.

> Exactly what was the motivation for adding new ways for drivers
> to fail?

A driver can never fail due to this change. If you do what is
currently required you do locking which we want to make superfluous
but it's not a bug. We aim to centralise the locking. Which judging
by the current state of drivers is needed.

        Regards
                Oliver