On Fri, Mar 21, 2003 at 12:51:15PM +0000, Nick Craig-Wood wrote:
> I first noticed this problem in the 2.4.20 kernel.  I checked out the
> latest bk kernel from bk://linuxusb.bkbits.net/usb-2.4 to test if the
> problem was still there.
>
> In a nutshell the problem seems to be that a panic happens if the
> keyspan driver is receiving data when the port is closed.

Yeah, a lot of people have this problem right now :(
It should be fixed in 2.5, can you grab 2.5.65 and let me know if you
still have the same problem there?

Also, sometimes switching host controller drivers seems to fix the
problem for some people (from uhci.o to usb-uhci.o or the other way
around), if you have a UHCI controller.

thanks,

greg k-h