On Tue 10 June 2003 23:12, Randy.Dunlap wrote:

> Hi Daniele,

Hi Randy, nice to see you (even if nice to hear you would be more appropriate ;) )

> Were you able to test this new code path?  If so, how?

Well, that's a good question ...
because i don't know if there is any distro program that play with LP_ABORTOPEN
i've just tried with a simple user code that set/clear LP_ABORTOPEN through a ioctl
syscall.
Apparently it works fine.

Because you are at it i wish to say that, in my opinion, adding an entry to sysctl
tables
would be more appropriate than playing with ioctl.
For example, a user/sysadm could set automaticaly LP_ABORTOPEN in any init script
to avoid to code a program that just set/clear it. Be aware that this will break
compatibility with parallel printer
device drivers where such sysctl entry doesn't exist.

> More comments after I try to test it...

You're welcome.

Daniele.

PGP PKEY      http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/[EMAIL PROTECTED]&op=index