On Fri, 20 Jun 2003 10:26:16 -0600
Jackson Chan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I am having two issues trying to use the hiddev interface(kernel 2.4.20).
>
> When reading events from my device, some of the events are being filtered
> out by this line of code in hid-core.c.  It was in .hid_input_field(),
> around line 777.
>
>       if (value[n] == field->value[n]) continue;
>
> If I disable it, everything works fine.  Does anyone know why this filter is
> here?

This line filters out duplicate events (which report the same value
for the field which was reported earlier). (For relative items the
nearby check filters out zero change, which is the same.)

> Secondly, I am trying to write a single output report to my device that
> contains 5 bytes of data{0x13,0x13,0,0,0} through the Control (0) endpoint
> via a SetReport command.  I tried using hidiocsusage and hidiocsreport, but
> could not(& don't know how to) get it working.

What does this mean (in terms of the report data items)?
Please show the HID descriptor for your device - what report fields
does it have?

Also, if your device uses report IDs for the output/feature reports,
please look at this:

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-usb-devel&m=105598437215949&w=2

(There was a bug in the output/feature report ID handling - both in
2.4.{20,21} and 2.5.x  < 2.5.72).