On Sun, 29 Jun 2003, Adam Kessel wrote:

> I got this message in kernel 2.5.73 after connecting my Neuros Audio
> player:
>
> ----
> usb-storage: Vendor: Frontier Labs
> usb-storage: Product: Nex II Digital
> usb-storage: This device (0451,5409) has unneeded SubClass and
> Protocol entries in unusual_devs.h
> Please send a copy of this message to
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> ----

Thanks for the information.  It will be used to improve the usb-storage
driver in an future release.

> This player was hanging my system in 2.4, and works partially in 2.5.
>
> I have three unresolved USB issues where I've had no luck on the -users
> list.  Does anyone have any suggestions for fixing these?
>
> Neuros Audio Player Hangs System
> http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_id=2674506&forum_id=5395

I looked at the kernel log extract you published, but it doesn't contain
enough information to help find the problem.  Try building a 2.4.21 system
with usb-storage debugging enabled, and capture the debugging messages
from around the time you start seeing problems with the drive.  That may
help pinpoint the source of the errors.

Doing the same thing with 2.5 may also help solve the partial problems you
see there.