'Llo All,

The title seems contradictory : who would want to select
another-than-default configuration ? Is the default configuration not
_default_, are there no drivers for even the default configuration ? Well,
this is indeed not always the case. When a Windows driver e.g. NEEDS the
first configuration to be RNDIS (I'd doubt that it's legally even permitted
to make an RNDIS driver for Linux - read the RNDIS spec, first para of 1.1
...), there is to be a means to select the second USB configuration (being a
CDC- one). Well, usb.c does not foresee this (I'm speaking of the 2.4.20-
version).

This patch switches to the second (and so on, and so on ...) configuration
when there is no driver available for this configuration. It is made against
the ("old") 2.4.20. I hope I don't make anyone furious about it ;)   I can
make it against the 2.6 too, if it gets granted. This patch works on SuSE
8.2 on Dell Laptop 8100.

Regards,

Philippe Bertin.

 <<usb.c.diff>>