My Usb Cable modem ntl:home 100 (Ambit) has been working flawlessly with
the cdc-ether driver, but since the conversion to usbnet driver I have been
unable to get it working. Upon boot up I get this error message. "USB 2-1:
bad CDC descriptors". I've tried powering down the modem then powering it
backup but without any avail, displayed the same message.
   My solution to this was to copy the cdc-ether driver from linux-2.5.68
and reuse it, but with 2.6.0-test3 this does not work either.

Output of dmesg with 2.6.0-test3
http://bugme.osdl.org/attachment.cgi?id=648&action=view

.config files used to compile 2.6.0-test3
http://bugme.osdl.org/attachment.cgi?id=649&action=view

Output of lspci -v
http://bugme.osdl.org/attachment.cgi?id=650&action=view

cat /proc/bus/usb/devices