Hi,

        I just spent some time tracking a problem with hci_usb (BlueZ
USB driver) and uhci. This happens on 2 different PCs with different
hardware and 2.4.X kernels, I describe one here.

UHCI Hardware :
        00:07.2 USB Controller: Intel Corp. 82371AB PIIX4 USB (rev 01)
BlueTooth hardware :
        HCI Ver: 1.1 (0x1) HCI Rev: 0x1bb LMP Ver: 1.1 (0x1) LMP Subver: 0x1bb
        Manufacturer: Cambridge Silicon Radio (10)
Kernel : 2.4.22 UP

        What happens :
        Start BNEP session (i.e. TCP/IP over BT). Start intensive TCP
app (web download, netperf, X-Window). After a few seconds, on the
transmitter the hardware just stops :
< ACL data: handle 0x0029 flags 0x01 dlen 192
< ACL data: handle 0x0029 flags 0x01 dlen 192
< ACL data: handle 0x0029 flags 0x01 dlen 192
< ACL data: handle 0x0029 flags 0x01 dlen 192
< ACL data: handle 0x0029 flags 0x01 dlen 192
        The "Number of Completed Packets" event never comes back. I
have to physically unplug the USB dongle to recover. I could not see
any error messages in the log, except after a few seconds some BNEP
and ACL timeouts (which are expected).

        I initially though that it was a BlueTooth problem. However,
I've never seen it happening with my OHCI hardware on SMP (which is
what I normally use). And, if I replace uhci.o with usb-uhci.o on the
same hardware, the problem goes away completely.
        So, there is definitely something about uhci.o...

        Have fun...

        Jean