> It was added, and just once.  I don't remember in what release, so it's
> possible that in the original reply I should have said "has been
> incorporated in the current release".

> Alan Stern

it was added due to someone posting "i changed 0x440 in unusual_devs.h
to 0x450 and it worked for me".

what that resulted in was all the _other_ sony cameras - the P8,
S32 etc etc - all failing to work on linux 2.4.22 and 2.6.0
and every kernel since.

... but the P12, S72 and P10, which have the up-rated firmware,
all work _great_ :)

i've raised this as a bug with herbert (bugs.debian.org).

l.

expecting email to be received and understood is a bit like
picking up the telephone and immediately dialing without
checking for a dial-tone; speaking immediately without listening
for either an answer or ring-tone; hanging up immediately and
then expecting someone to call you (and to be able to call you).
--
every day, people send out email expecting it to be received
without being tampered with, read by other people, delayed or