On Mon, Dec 08, 2003 at 01:38:52PM -0500, Jimmie Mayfield wrote:
> An unwanted side effect of this code, as you've noted, was that for
> single slot CF readers, the LUN code ends up detecting phantom devices.
> That is, the device would respond successfully to an identify device query
> regardless of which LUN it was sent to.  My hardware doesn't behave this
> way but then it's a fairly old reader.

Actually, after thinking about this for a few moments (remember, it's been
a couple years since I've looked at this code) and looking at the code,
it seems that this isn't what's happening.  The determine_lun() routine will
return as soon as it finds a responsive LUN so if LUN 0 responds successfully,
it will not go on to probe LUN 1.

So if multiple phantom devices are showing up, it must be because the UHCI/OHCI
code really believes that they're present.

The explanation of the origin of the determine_lun() code still stands, though.
It was an attempt to allow multiple slot readers to function properly.

Sorry about the confusion.

Jimmie