Am Dienstag, 9. Dezember 2003 20:24 schrieben Sie:
> On Tue, 9 Dec 2003, Oliver Neukum wrote:
>
> > Couldn't we eliminate most uses of usb_unlink_urb() from 2.6 anyway?
> > David, can we rely on the core nuking URBs in all cases, even software driven
> > disconnect?
>
> What about cases where the urbs must be unlinked during release() and
> then re-used later during the next open(), as in usblp.c?  We can't rely
> on the core nuking those URBs.

Yes, of course, doh! You are right.
There's no easy escape this time. The problem must be tackled.
The question is, can we get away without a visible API change?
Or rather can and should. The existing API is fully functional, but
hard to use.

        Regards
                Oliver