On Fri, 05 Mar 2004 16:55:25 -0800
David Brownell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> This patch makes "Gadget Zero" autoconfigure itself, getting rid
> of most of the controller-specific conditional compilation.
> (Whoops, I forgot an sa1100-specific quirk.)

The patch looks nice, a lot better than things were before. Also are these
lines strictly required:

if (gadget_is_net2280 (gadget)) {
        device_desc.bcdDevice = __constant_cpu_to_le16 (0x0201);

? Or it's just good for debugging to know what UDC the gadget uses? I'm
worried if someone will take g_zero as a template for his driver (and it *is*
designed as a template), and will replicate without much thinking these lines,
we'll end up with the same need to modify every gadget as soon as new UDC
drivers are added, that your patch is supposed to alleviate :)
Maybe it makes more sense to put gadget->name into the strings array so that
it can be read directly, without deriving it from bcdDevice?

> Notable changes were:
>   - Assume self-powered operation for now.
This could be solved by using UDC capabilities bitflags :) Or use a
gadget->name like "pxa2xx_udc_selfpowered" :)

--
Greetings,
   Andrew