Rajesh Kumble Nayak wrote:

On Wed, 2004-04-28 at 15:30, Paulo Marques wrote:

- remove your line and leave Klaus Mueller's line as it was

- your handycam seems to fail the INQUIRY message. you can try to add US_FL_FIX_INQUIRY to the list of flags.

I added this flag. Same still no success. when I plug the Cam I get in /var/log/messages Apr 28 17:02:15 curie /etc/hotplug/usb.agent: ... no modules for USB product 54c/2e/500

^^^
Oops, I didn't notice this. You need to add your line to unusual_devs.h after all, or at least extend Klaus Mueller's line to go up to device 0x500, like this:

> UNUSUAL_DEV( 0x054c, 0x002e, 0x0106, 0x0500,

So maybe your camera is not the same as Klaus'.

 - echo 16 > /sys/block/sda/device/max_sectors
   16 is a very low number, you should try to increase it afterwards if it works

I don't have the directory sda in /sys/block/ am I missing something ?

If it is not being recognised as a usb mass storage device, it won't appear in sys/block.

Anyway if you can, send a "cat /proc/bus/usb/devices" to see more information on your device.

--
Paulo Marques - www.grupopie.com
"In a world without walls and fences who needs windows and gates?"