I noticed this post while searching the list to see if anyone was having
the same problem as me.  Has this been resolved?

I have now tried the Zaurus on 3 machines, with the following
configurations and results:

Dell desktop, rh7.3: works perfect
Athlon desktop VIA chipset, 2.4.26: works perfect
Dell D800 laptop, 2.4.23: same "flakey" behavior as Matthias

Sorry if my info is spotty.  Let me know if you need more detail.  The
D800 has an Intel-based UHCI USB controller.

Shouldn't be an EMI problem, since I have the Zaurus working on two
other machines.

-Lee