On Sat, 3 Jul 2004, Markus Raab wrote:

> Interresting is, that uhci finds 2 hubs with 2 ports, but ehci finds 1 hub
> with 4 ports [1] [2].
>
> Do you think there is just one hub for ehci, or has the hub detection in the
> driver a bug?

That is normal. Here is my laptop (3 UHCI busses with 2 ports and one EHCI
bus with 6 ports);

/:  Bus 04.Port 1: Dev 1, Class=root_hub, Driver=ehci_hcd/6p, 480M
/:  Bus 03.Port 1: Dev 1, Class=root_hub, Driver=usb-uhci/2p, 12M
/:  Bus 02.Port 1: Dev 1, Class=root_hub, Driver=usb-uhci/2p, 12M
/:  Bus 01.Port 1: Dev 1, Class=root_hub, Driver=usb-uhci/2p, 12M

> Also possible is that the wireing on the motherboard has a problem,
> because the motherboard has 4 ports integrated. These ports work with
> ohci. What can i do if this is the problem?

I don't see how. You can load the ohci driver too for thost ports.

> hub 4-0:1.0: Cannot enable port 4.  Maybe the USB cable is bad?

Did you try a different cable? The overcurrent messages point to something
in hardware being wrong I think.

--
|Stephen J. Gowdy                     | SLAC, MailStop 34,       |