On Mon, 26 Jul 2004, Sven-Olof Klasson wrote:

> Alan, many thanks for all your efforts. I really appreciate it.
>
> I tried this patch but unfortually it does not make any diffrence. I had also
> the first patch installed, but not the patch with the two msleep()
>
> Regards,
> Sven-Olof

You still get "Stalled CRC/Timeo" for the second (IN) packet of the
64-byte GET_DESCRIPTOR request?

Then I can't think of anything else to try.  Without knowing what the
camera expects to receive, there's no way to send it the right packets.
If anybody out there has a USB bus analyzer and a DiMAGE A2, I would be
very interested in seeing a trace of the initial interaction between the
camera and a Windows or OS-X system...

Just for the record, I've copied below the unhelpful reply received from
Konica Minolta.  Apparently they aren't familiar with the concepts of
compliance to standards and interoperability.  If you want to try maybe
you can get more information out of them -- just don't mention Linux in
your question!

Alan Stern