'Llo All,

I've read some theory about the kernel, and some year ago I've been busy digging into the internals of the USB kernel working (since then, I'm sure I've already forgotten a lot). But I did not go into setting up a working environment aiming at tracking several concurrent versions at that time.

Now I want to gradually work me in (again, but this time more structured) into the USB- sources of the Linux kernel, actually with the 'hope' I'll eventually be able to contribute to the sources.

As a first step, I'd like to be able to keep track of several kernel versions (the backported one, the new one, and maybe more ?), as I have noticed before that it frequently occured that patches were sent against different versions.

So I realize I now should first organize my things. But the question is: HOW ?

- How does one keep track of these different versions ? Does on HAVE to use bitkeeper ? Or can one also do it with CVS (I'm more familiar with CVS)
- does there exist a CVS tree downloadable somewhere ?
- where are the *very* latest sources located exactly ?

I am sure the same helpful people are still around. If anyone of you would give me a starting point, I'd be very thankful.

Kind regards,

Philippe Bertin.